YMCA of Greater Houston Swim Instructor I in Webster, Texas
Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes focusing on youth development.
1. Instructs swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
2. Develops positive relationships with members and participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
3. Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
4. Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers members and participants to other programs.
5. Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
6. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
7. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
8. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
9. Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
1. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
2. Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
3. YMCA Swim Instructor certification
4. Minimum age of 16 years
5. Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
6. Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
Posting ID 83846100306
Job Category Aquatics