Lockheed Martin Labor Relations Representative, Senior in Stratford, Connecticut
Description: This role is an excellent opportunity to impact Sikorsky Labor Relations through the execution of strategies critical to achieving the organization's operational goals.
Sikorsky Aircraft has an immediate need for a high-potential, results oriented Labor Relations Representative to support a unionized, manufacturing population in Stratford, CT.
We are seeking professionals who enjoy the challenge of investigating, evaluating and determining viability in opposing positions to resolve conflict.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Executing provisions of the collective bargaining agreement
• Managing grievances within their population and working with their relevant union counterpart to resolve them
• Providing counsel to management on HR and union issues
• Assisting in collective bargaining negotiations enterprise-wide
• Providing information related to wages, benefits, pensions, FMLA and other generalist items to their client group
• Oversee and/or participate in special LR/HR projects and initiatives as required
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
The selected candidate will work with a team of forward-thinking professionals. Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed to support the organization.
Desired Skills: • Master’s Degree or higher level degree preferred
• Degree in Industrial or Labor Relations, Business or related disciplines
• PHR or SPHR certification a plus
• Previous HR generalist responsibilities
• Demonstrated performance management and coaching experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of three years of labor relations or related professional experience
• Demonstrated experience with applicable human resources related federal regulations
• Demonstrated experience with HR disciplines and understanding of basic HR philosophies
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong data analytical skills and ability to use Excel and PowerPoint effectively
• Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to effectively work independently and within a team
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.