Arup Traffic Engineer in San Francisco, California
Arup is dedicated to shaping a better world. We are 14,000-person strong, global group of designers, engineers, planners and consultants, who work together to create solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also our world. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration. Arup’s culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically innovative.
Turning challenges into opportunities is one of our core philosophies. In the 21st century, we face two major challenges: climate change and the exponential growth of cities. Arup is rising to these challenges by bringing together experts from a number of disciplines to ambitiously reimagine “the city.” Our mission is to develop innovations today that help ensure cities remain sustainable and resilient long into the future. Arup’s Integrated Planning team is playing a key role in this effort. Our San Francisco office has built a reputation for visionary planning and has participated in some of the Bay Area’s most notable transportation projects, including the Transbay Transit Center, the Concord Naval Weapons Station Redevelopment, and the Presidio Parkway.
We are growing our Integrated Planning team in San Francisco. We are seeking a Traffic Engineer to provide traffic modeling support for transportation planning projects. These include work for the public and private sector relating to multi-modal transportation planning, traffic impact studies, transit planning, traffic micro simulation, parking, site planning & development, complete streets, pedestrian & bicycle facilities, and integrated land use/transportation planning.
Specifically, you will work with a Senior Traffic Engineer and be responsible for:
• Performing analyses using a variety of traffic modeling software and other analytical tools
• Performing traffic impact analysis / studies as part of the environmental review process
• Preparing conceptual street/intersection designs for urban and airport landside environments
• Writing reports for internal and external purposes
• Presenting technical material in innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
• Understanding trends and best practices in transportation and urban planning
• Participating in local Professional Associations
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, transportation planning, or similar field of study, with 2-5 years of experience in the transportation sector
• Familiarity with US planning and engineering practices
• Experience with one or more of the following: Synchro/SimTraffic, Traffix, Visum, Vissim, Cube, TransCAD, Aimsun, Paramics, AutoCAD, Microstation, and/or HCS
• Master’s degree
• Experience with other analysis, programming, or design tools (e.g. ArcGIS, SketchUp, Illustrator, AutoTurn/AutoTrack, R, Python, SPSS, Arena, etc.)
• Certification as an EIT or AICP
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Transport Planning
Title: Traffic Engineer
Location: California-San Francisco
Requisition ID: SAN0000AE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled