Northrop Grumman Computing and Networking Infrastructure Engineer 4 in San Diego, California
Computing and Networking Infrastructure Engineer 4
Requisition ID: 18003784
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history .
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Computing and Networking Infrastructure Engineer a focus on hardware network infrastructure engineering and architecture to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
- Analyzing requirements, designing and developing software supporting API implementations and/or interfaces between management components and enterprise automation applications.
- Design and develop private and hybrid cloud automation and orchestration for SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS environments
- Developing workflows and scripts to automate the provisioning and maintenance of servers, services and applications, including, but not limited to, provisioning and decommissioning of workloads in a VMware environment, installation, configuration or removal of applications and OS modifications.
- Integrating the enterprise automation application with a self-service IT management portal to allow for a zero touch deployment.
- Defining, creating, and maintaining processes required to support production and development environments through the use of automation scripts, third party tools, utilities, or custom code.
- Defining and maintaining infrastructure products and component standards for automation and orchestration capabilities to deliver a flexible, scalable, secure, reliable, resilient, and cost effective set of datacenter and cloud services
- Providing technical leadership and assume overall accountability for the successful management and implementation of the automation solution.
- Developing standard operating procedures and user guides for the enterprise automation solution.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university
-Minimum of 9 years of STEM related experience OR Master’s Degree and 7 years of STEM related experience
- Top Secret / SSBI clearance and the ability to be accessed to a Special Access Program
- Willing to travel appx 25% within the U.S.
- Strong scripting skills with hands on experience building power shell scripts, Python, Ant, Maven, and understanding of software development tools like version control, continuous integration, package management and distribution
- Experience administering and supporting Windows Server 2012 and RHEL environments
- Experience with operating systems to include Windows and Linux
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools, to include JIRA and Bitbucket
- Experience with one or more Orchestration/Configuration tools--Puppet, Chef, Cobbler, SaltStack, Ansible, SCCM, SCOM
- Experience with CM repositories such as Bitbucket
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Computing and Networking Infrastructure Engineer 4
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 18003784