Lockheed Martin Maintenance Trainer Sr in Palmdale, California
Description: Establishes and delivers technical training programs targeted on the maintenance, repair, and operation of aircraft, aircraft systems, ground equipment, tools, and test equipment. Serves as a SME to assist assigned programs in determining training needs and developing required training. Conducts training needs analyses and develops curriculum that is designed to enable sustained behavioral change and achievement of program, international client or business area priorities. Prepares training plans and produces materials for technical instruction. Establishes training solutions to support mission critical Aeronautics’ projects. Maintains currency in technical developments and training methodologies including technical contracts, orders and specifications. Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, domestically and/or internationally to create optimized learning solutions. Represents the organization by providing innovative solutions to difficult manufacturing issues aligned with specific program, international client and/or business area needs. Drives lateral connectivity and collaboration within HR and across the enterprise. Delivers data-driven learning solutions that are efficient, effective, and flexible. Creates, supports and rewards an agile learning environment that enables innovation, inclusion and leadership.
-Comprehensive knowledge in aircraft systems, particularly related to military fighter or airlift aircraft, i.e., U2, F16, F22, F35, C130J/H
• Experience in aircraft manufacturing training including Instructional System Design (ISD) concepts: understanding of installation, operational checkout, troubleshooting, and maintenance of aircraft systems including fuel systems, hydraulics and landing gear, flight controls, electrical systems, and propulsion systems at the crew chief and final assembly levels
• Ability to establish and deliver training systems and/or conduct classroom and practical instruction to provide technical knowledge on installation and removal of components, testing, analysis, rework, adjustment, modification, and troubleshooting of aircraft systems at all levels of manufacturing and final assembly; provide assistance and support to production operations by helping determine training needs; and delivering effective training.
• Familiarity with DCMAI8210.1C in the development of certification courses
• Experience revising lesson plans to keep technical information up to date and meet new training requirements.
• Experience performing data analysis and gathering information for new training; prepare and maintain training materials; and coordinate the development of new training materials and training aids.
• Must be able to work all three shifts
• Experience with of DOT training requirements for handling, labeling, containerizing, and transporting hazardous materials, DOT Hazardous Materials, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Powered Industrial Trucks, Hazardous Waste Management, Blood Borne Pathogens, Respiratory protection and fit testing, Haz-Com, and Flight line Driver training
• Strong understanding of aircraft electrical power system generation as well as an understanding of the needs of aircraft electricians
• Comprehensive knowledge in aircraft electrical systems, aircraft electronics, and avionics systems and components
• Military Engine-run certification a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.