Macy's Design Assistant, Alfani RTW in New York, New York
* Job Overview: *
Assist in interpreting the brand/label’s direction into materials, trims, styles, colors and patterns. Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
• Assist in the design of exclusive products and development of trends that support merchant objectives and Macy’s brand • Prepare line and presentation materials/set-up for line previews and buy meetings • Assist in identifying specific materials, color palettes, patterns and prints for the season • Support DVP of Design, Design Manager/Designer in managing the needs of the Design Team • Participate in research and development of seasonal trends • Assist in shopping the retail and trend (fabric/color/fashion) markets seeking new merchandise ideas, as needed • Assist in creating and distributing fabric development packages • Assist in creating and distributing color cards, trim cards and pattern development sheets • Assist in developing flat mechanical sketches for design development packages (to technical design and overseas) • Create and distribute design development Package components • Assist in selecting styles, materials and colors that fit into the program and style plans • Work with artists in developing print and pattern designs • Assist in reviewing development samples • Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendars • Communicate regularly with product management to share line development direction • Assist in the tracking and approval of fabric samples, lab dips, strike-offs and other development materials • Assist in approval of counter samples • Participate in fit sessions • Communicate on a daily basis with overseas offices • Attend training sessions • Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Education/Experience: *
• Bachelors in Design or Fine Arts. • 0-3 years of industry experience.
Communication Skills: *
- * • Presentation and organizational skills.
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Strong color sense / print sense.
Other Skills: *
• Proficiency in PC operation, MS office and Excel. • Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator software. • Ability to view and differentiate the color spectrum.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Company Profile: *
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Req ID: PRI01962