Grant Thornton LLP Senior Business Analyst in Houston, Texas
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Technology Solutions service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities. This position is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Grant Thornton’s Public Sector Practice helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the BA Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects, and offer truly independent guidance and improvement recommendations to project team members.
Please Note: This role will be located in Baton Rouge, LA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Coordinate and perform quality assurance and independent verification and validation activities on a complex health and human services legacy system replacement initiative * Advise client and project teams on approach alternatives based on best practice and appropriate application of methodologies * Serve as a truly independent advisor in the best interests of the project, and maintain an unbiased view in the interests of best outcomes for the client and the solution * Assess and evaluate processes and approaches in the context of both short and long term project goals * Make and document observations and related recommendations for improvements in both informal and formal communication, written and verbal * Participate in project meetings as required to perform the work * Review and provide constructive feedback on opportunities for improvement within project deliverables as assigned * Lead or participate in team meetings * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/ or other thought leadership materials. * Actively explore opportunities to further support existing client/s * Participate in Firm process and practice improvement efforts to ensure exceptional client delivery and ongoing innovation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills relatable to all levels across an organization
- Ability to present and articulate progress and project conditions in a variety of setting to varying audiences
- Attentive to detail and thoroughness, with an emphasis on exceptional quality and meaningfulness of deliverables
- Prior experience with health and human services (HHS) IT implementations, specifically child welfare systems, preferred but not required. Other related HHS programs may include, but are not limited to: Medicaid, SNAP/TANF, Child Support, Unemployment Insurance/Workforce Development, and other similar programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area and at least 7 years’ experience performing same or similar work.
- Previous experience with
- Strong Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to pass required background checks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements
- Strong candidates not in the immediate Baton Rouge area but within a reasonable traveling distance are also encouraged to apply for this position
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 039482