Grant Thornton LLP Associate Business Analyst in Houston, Texas
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Technology Solutions service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
Please Note: This role will be located in Baton Rouge, LA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Perform quality assurance and independent verification and validation activities on a complex health and human services legacy system replacement initiative * Solicit input and guidance from experienced and senior team members * Learn and adopt internal Grant Thornton methodologies relevant to project work * Advise client and project teams on approach alternatives based on best practice and appropriate application of methodologies * Assess and evaluate processes and approaches in the context of both short and long term project goals * Make and document observations and related recommendations for improvements in both informal and formal communication, written and verbal * Participate in project meetings as required to perform the work * Review and provide feedback on opportunities for improvement within project deliverables as assigned * Lead or participate in team meetings, record meeting minutes, and organize project documentation * Must have the ability to and understanding of the importance of independent review of project success, and demonstrate that understanding as part of the consideration process * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/ or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a management/business analyst, at least two (2) years of which must be on complex information technology system replacement projects
- Experience within health and human service agencies and/or IT implementation experience in a health and human services setting is considered a plus, but not required. This includes child welfare, Medicaid, SNAP/TANF, CCDF, child support, unemployment/workforce development, and other related programs.
- Must have demonstrated technical writing and presentation capabilities and skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion, and as the work plans/due dates require.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to pass required background checks
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements as a component of personal professional development.
- Strong candidates not in the immediate Baton Rouge area but within a reasonable traveling distance are also encouraged to apply for this position; individuals open to relocation are also encouraged to apply. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Associate Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 039481