Sun Life Financial Specialist - Development in Gurgaon, India
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
• Design & Development
• 6-8 years of progressive information technology experience with full application development life cycle and systems integration experience
o Mainframe development using PL1, JCL, VSAM, IMS.
o Good Working knowledge on DB2 and COBOL
o Experience in scheduling tool viz. ZEKE
o Experience on various tools and utilities such as File-Aid and SPUFI.
o Experience on inter-system communication such as MQ Series, FTP etc.
o Experience in the Mainframe batch environment
o Excellent problem analysis and trouble shooting skills
o Awareness of error logging tools such as HPs ALM / Quality center
• Provide development delivery that is efficient, functional and maintainable.
• Apply analysis skills to understand and assess the impact of functional and technical changes within the environment and provide working estimates accordingly.
• Create design documents and do design reviews with the project team members.
• Work with leads to deliver projects. Be accountable for work and responsible for communicating effectively with Leads.
• Is flexible to support business needs.
• Create development documentation and support developers to do the coding. Do code reviews.
• Support testing team while SQA phase of any project.
• Communicate effectively with project managers, BSAs, designers and developers to solve technical issues and problems
• Learn about our internal clients’ business, existing applications, the infrastructure that supports them and the design patterns used
• Provide development estimates at various levels of a project to match the architectural solution
• Ensure SLF Information Security Policies are complied with in any solution.
• Experience with change management processes
• Clear understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, estimation and defect management.
• Commitment to Quality and code/design review.
• Knowledge of the financial and insurance industries
IT - Application Development
Posting End Date: