Staples Principal Software Engineer in Framingham, Massachusetts
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Software Engineer who will work on delivering exceptional functionalities to Staples customers. The person in this role will be working with our data science to deliver personalized recommendations and personalized experiences. As a Principle Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Design, development & maintenance of various functionalities and components for the rollout of new applications and services to Staples customers and internal use.
• Working with Data Scientist to develop Web Services (Rest) to enable data to access and integrate with models.
• Analyzing and evaluating business requirements by working with peers and management. Provide recommendations on the nature, scope and complexity of solutions using the SAFE Agile methodologies.
• Leading client-facing projects in small teams.
• Document the functional and technical specifications and project plans for proposed solutions to business requirements of moderate to high complexity.
• Writing code that is of high standards in terms of quality and usability while not compromising on security.
• Being a team player in a highly collaborative environment.
Required Education and Experience:
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
• 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or
• 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree or higher
• Experience in large scale software/web services design, including an understanding of object-oriented design patterns and building for fault tolerance and data durability
• Solid Linux proficiency
• Knowledge ETL concepts and experience loading large data sets into NOSQL DB’s.
• Interest in Data Science algorithms and optimization problems
• Proven track developing and deploying substantially complex websites
• Server-side development and database experience is critical (JSON-based REST APIs, Java, Couchbase, Mongo, MySQL, Spring)
• Strong knowledge in writing web services (SOAP/ REST / XML/ JSON) and web application development.
• Knowledge and experience in NoSQL database systems including Couchbase, Mongo and Redis
• Understands the importance developing solutions that meet operational goals and are supportable in a large-scale production system
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.