Citi BP&A Senior Analyst in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Primary Location: United States,South Carolina,Fort Mill
Other Location: United States,Florida,Tampa; United States,Missouri,O'fallon
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18042074
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The BP&A Senior Analyst will support the analytical and reporting needs of USCCB’s NAM CBSU group. This will be accomplished through providing in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
• Typical analytical objectives include: issue identification, changes and trends in the data; identify and prioritize business improvement action items; measure the financial impact of business changes. Present findings to the operations team
• Create supplemental ad hoc reporting in support of performance management and operations
• Conduct in-depth analysis of performance versus business goals utilizing various data sources
• Understanding and applying basics of project management (as required) to include: developing project initiation/requirements documentation, developing and managing project plans, developing resource support plan and obtaining resources, managing all project communications, risks, issues logs and contingency planning
• Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how own area and others collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives
• Directly affecting the business by influencing strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services
• Bachelor’s degree in a financial services related field required
or equivalent relevant work experience required
• 5+ years of reporting experience with emphasis on performance reporting and analysis
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint are required
• Strong working knowledge of SQL is required
• Creative thinking to formulate and test hypotheses using data is required
• Ability to work independently and effectively in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to lead key initiatives/own projects
• Strong leadership, communication, influencing, analytic, time management, problem-solving, business knowledge, decision-making and negotiation skills
• Ability to drive new initiatives and proof of concepts with stakeholders, with the ability to assess requirements and establish timelines for each analysis project.
• Proven ability to quickly create mock-ups, management reports, strategy slide decks, dashboards or advanced visualizations that tell a coherent story.
• Strong risk management background in working with data for financial services companies, is preferred.
• Experience working with large amounts of disparate data and working with data models
• Knowledge of data mining / predictive modeling tools such as SAS, SPSS, etc. is a plus.
• Strong familiarity and experience with data mining which includes data quality assessments, variable creation and selection.