Intertek Contracts Manager in Deer Park, Texas
Intertek, Caleb Brett, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Contracts Manager to join our Cargo and Analytical Assessment team in Deer Park, TX.
This winning Caleb Brett team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world’s petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
The Contracts Manager will support Caleb Brett business by being responsible for negotiation, processing, and risk review for the commercial service contracts entered into by Intertek’s Strategic Units. The responsibilities include managing and negotiating requests for changes to the standard Intertek terms and conditions and reviewing and negotiating customer contracts with minimal supervision.
· Review customer terms and conditions and purchase orders, master service agreements and confidentiality agreements.
· Manage requests for and negotiate changes to Intertek standard terms and conditions.
· Negotiate customer proposed contract terms with minimal supervision.
· Negotiate confidentiality agreements with minimal supervision.
· Draft various types of agreements with minimal supervision
· Work in conjunction with the Regional Compliance Officers to support timely and risk managed internal service to our customers.
· Work with Intertek Account Managers, senior management, and customers.
· Assist with maintaining the contract database
· Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal Certificate.
· Must have at least 3 years of experience reviewing, negotiating and drafting contracts with minimal supervision.
· Must have the ability to learn and understand the Intertek requirements for acceptable contract terms and risk levels.
· Past work experience in a professional environment, demonstrating the ability to manage negotiations in a polite and firm manner. Must be comfortable with negotiating directly with clients on all legal aspect of an agreement.
· Must be proficient in computer usage including ability to send, receive, organize, revise and store documents.
· Experience in the cargo inspection industry a plus
· Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines.
· Ability to read critically and analytically.
· Ability to communicate in oral and written forms in English. Additional languages a plus.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Auto req ID:
State or Province: