HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supervisor of Case Management - Registered Nurse RN in Brandon, Florida
Brandon Regional Hospital is committed to providing our patients and their families with compassionate care. For more than 30 years our busy, 407-bed acute care facility has been dedicated to quality and devoted to our community. We have been named a Top 100 Hospital in America five times, and our Intensive Care Unit has been named a Top 100 ICU. Families trust us to meet their needs, knowing that they have access to our Centers of Excellence including, Chest Pain Center, Heart & Vascular Institute, Spine Care Center, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Cancer Care, and our Women's & Children's Center.
The Supervisor of Case Management provides daily supervision of the Case Management Department. Provides support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation, and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Enhances the quality of patient management and satisfaction to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integration of case management, utilization review management and discharge planning.
Role Accountabilities Include:
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in ensuring all admissions and continued stays meet clinical criteria for appropriateness and medical necessity. Assesses discharge planning needs and coordinates the delivery of care to meet these needs.
* Develops, initiates, and coordinates individual patient case management plans to ensure appropriate level of care across the continuum. Ensures plan meets patient's clinical, psychological and discharge needs in collaboration with the attending physician and interdisciplinary team.
* Assesses the health status of assigned patients by collecting and analyzing patient and family data, and expedites and coordinates the delivery of services to facilitate patient’s progression through the healthcare system.
* Effectively initiates the case management process to ensure that patients receive the appropriate level of care across the continuum, cost effective medically necessary treatment timely, appropriate discharge planning. * Performs admission certification screening for patients in accordance with Utilization Plan using ISD criteria, and performs concurrent stay reviews at least every 72 hours for medical necessity using ISD criteria. Maintains documentation on discharge planning notes and charts on patient’s record. * Evaluates patients educational needs concerning continuum of care and available services and provides information and materials regarding community resources, discharge options, and pre and post treatment options and costs to patient and patient families.
* Acts as an educational resource and provides consultation to hospital medical personnel regarding discharge planning process and applicable federal, state and local regulations; identify benefits, implications and limitations of home care as appropriate. * Monitors and controls the use of healthcare resources to achieve desired patient outcomes, decrease length of stay, and decrease resource utilization. Identifies and documents delays in care and services and reports findings to department director.
* Tracks and trends barriers to care; makes recommendations and develops action plans to improve processes and systems.
* Reviews medical record for indications of treatment delays, over or under utilization, accuracy and completeness.
Education: Completion of RN Diploma program or related health care program
Experience: Minimum of three years recent acute clinical practice or related health care experience
Licensure: Current Florida State Registered Nurse license
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Supervisor of Case Management - Registered Nurse RN
Location: Florida-Brandon-Brandon Regional Hospital - Brandon
Requisition ID: 01384-11937