General Electric Senior Marketing Leader - GE Solar in Boise, Idaho
GE Solar is a dynamic, high performing business unit within General Electric that is scaling a new business model within GE. We are a full turnkey commercial energy developer, specializing in onsite solar and energy storage applications for commercial & industrial customers. We bring industry-leading expertise to the full energy development cycle — sales & origination, design & engineering, energy rate & market analysis, permitting & utility interconnection, incentive management, project financing & financial structuring, construction management, commissioning, and ongoing operations & maintenance. Our greatest asset is our people, and we continue to hire the very best in the industry at an accelerated rate.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are looking for a transformative, passionate, highly capable Marketing Leader to create a sophisticated marketing platform befitting a business with our track record and enormous potential. This position will report to the Head of Sales and will work hand-in-hand with the CEO, Head of Sales, Sr. Leadership team and the entire GE Solar business to build out a world class marketing platform.
• Create, lead and implement a national marketing strategy, underpinned by tactical local marketing efforts that increase sales and strengthen customer awareness of GE Solar in the marketplace.
• Help guide the development of GE Solar’s brand strategy— including mission statement, value proposition etc.
• Manage and continually refine our suite of sales and marketing collateral, including customer presentations and proposals, RFP templates, case studies, customer references and testimonials, and project showcases. Ensure that all direct sales efforts are coordinated and that all learnings are shared across the team.
• Develop GE Solar’s marketing and communication strategy including targeted marketing campaigns, customer events, sponsorships, digital and email marketing, advertising and PR.
• Maintain a sophisticated system for measuring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, digital strategy, and sales efforts. As part of this, you will play a major role in the development of a new CRM platform.
• Lead the strategic development of a customer-facing website, leveraging available resources within GE but creating a unique GE Solar web presence, brand, and digital catcher’s mitt. Other vital elements include SEO, social media presence, and the development of compelling videos and content that leverage GE Solar’s existing portfolio of projects.
• Create, organize and manage a central repository of marketing materials and resources, updated in real-time and serving as the indispensable and singular resource for the Sales team.
• Manage GE Solar’s participation in conferences, customer associations, industry events and seminars. Lead the evaluation of where, what, when, why and how, and then drive that plan of attack, leading from the front alongside the direct sales team.
• Lead all PR efforts, coordinate all media contact, write press releases, and ensure that the business consistently gets strong print and digital coverage.
• Work closely with the Market Research team to leverage their data tracking, competitive intelligence, and market analysis to form a commercial plan of attack, help pivot the commercial strategy as necessary, and enter new markets.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
• A Minimum of 7 years of marketing experience
• 10 Years of Marketing Experience
• While industry experience is a plus, you do NOT need direct solar energy experience. But you must be a proven expert in B-to-B marketing, have built strong and successful brands in the past, and developed an expertise in conducting market research and wrapping your head around a product offering and competitive landscape in order to quickly identify how to reach customers at scale.
• Your track record proves that you can execute strategy at the highest levels of an organization, but you’re equally ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and wade into the commercial trenches of the business. From the CEO down, everyone in our organization has the skill set, humility and excitement to work in the trenches and help move this business forward.
• You not only have the vision for developing world class marketing collateral, you have the expertise to quickly create marketing materials for our direct sales and marketing efforts— including slide decks, proposal documents, case studies, and leave-behind marketing materials. You are adept at the programs that allow you to do so (PowerPoint, Adobe Creative, Priint, etc.)
• You have the proven ability to lead web site development and digital strategy, and a mastery knowledge of SEO. You’re adept at working and influencing across a highly matrixed organization and can leverage the incredible digital marketing talent that exists throughout greater GE.
Locations: United States; California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York; Schenectady, New York City, Boston, Norwalk, Los Angeles, San Francisco
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.