University of Michigan Medical Assistant in Ann Arbor, Michigan
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Basic Function and Responsibility in the Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. Provide clinical assistance by taking vital signs, drawing blood, preparing specimens and assisting patients. Performing general office support services within the clinic.
- Intake: Efficiently and effectively prepares and organizes clinic exam and procedure rooms with appropriate equipment and supplies. Obtains and records accurate/pertinent intake information that includes preparing medical information and reports for the appointment (reviewing PSL, updating prescription information, etc.). Efficiently preparing the patient either based on complaint or predetermined protocol assisting the patient when appropriate.
- Direct Patient Care: Assists the provider during the patient visit that could include routine procedures, ear irrigations, foot exams, collection and/or process of specimens for either onsite testing or preparing for pickup. Able to confidently share test preparation with the patient/family. To continuously track that clinic patient flow and identifying holdups and notifying patients if the schedule runs behind. Prepares and assures patients are given appropriate and prepared paperwork (encounter forms, test requisitions, school or work forms, etc.).
- Medication Administration: Prepares and administers all appropriate medications using the five rights and by written physician order. Two patient identifiers are verified before administration of any medication. All medications are documented correctly in MiChart. Appropriate patient information sheets are provided to the patient/caregiver.
- Clinical Support Processes: Provides accurate and efficient clinical support processes that include prescription refills, test results reporting, pharmacy insurance authorization, and/or other requests. May facilitate the appointment process with clerical staff (overbooks, or directly schedule). Also perform other assignments such as opening processes (QC testing) supply inventory and patient calls. Able to collaborate with nursing and physician staff to ensure optimal patient care.
- Education and Training: Maintains current competencies and mandatory training. Attends mandatory clinic and hospital training programs. Actively participates in clinic and/or staff meetings.
Interacts effectively and builds respectful relationships within and between units and among individuals.
Communicates effectively in ways that enhance productivity and build respectful relationships. Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills. Shares relevant information.
Seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues.
Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
Fosters mutual respect and supports UMHS commitment to diversity. Promotes community building and diversity initiatives that help employees learn and respect each other's differences.
Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, faculty, and staff by following procedures and protocols as appropriate by job function.
Adopts practices to improve work processes, enhance customer satisfaction and ensure excellence in daily work.
Accomplishes work in ways that maximize productivity and available resources while minimizing waste.
Graduation from a medical assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
Additional formal education in a health care field is desired.
Shift/Hours/Days: Monday – Friday Hours will vary
Domino’s Farms - Allergy
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Opening ID
Michigan Medicine - Health SysAnn Arbor, MI
UMH Dominos Allergy Clinic
Posting Begin/End Date
3/12/2018 – 4/12/2018
Patient Care Services
Apply Now at http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/apply/155090