University of Michigan Admin Coord/Project Coord in Ann Arbor, Michigan
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Craniofacial Anomalies Program is a comprehensive multidisciplinary clinic for children born with a craniofacial anomaly. The multidisciplinary team includes physicians, mid-level providers, geneticists, speech pathologists, dentists, psychologists, audiologists as well as dietitians. The person chosen is responsible for providing strategic vision and management of the program that will assure quality and continuity of patient care. A cover letter is required and should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This individual will provide highly responsible and skilled administrative support to the Craniofacial Program including working directly with the director of the Craniofacial Program, Team members, patients and community medical providers. Responsibilities include;
• Facilitates the function and efficiency of the team ensuring coordinated care for patients and families and assist families in understanding, coordinating and implementing treatment plans.
• Communicate the treatment recommendations to each patient and family in written form as well as in face-to-face discussion.
• Make initial contact with patient and/or family and with direct care providers as appropriate.
• Strong knowledge of advanced medical/dental terminology.
• Efficient use of electronic medical record is needed.
• This position requires communicating with community physicians, orthodontists and dentists on behalf of Team patients.
• Coordinator will also assist in the development of ongoing patient education materials and programs.
• Develop and manage all extracurricular initiatives supporting team patients/families and staff.
• Coordinator will work with community to initiate fund raising efforts to support patient extracurricular activities.
• Supports the clinical team as the point person in the team room to facilitate efficient patient flow.
• Obtain and record accurate/pertinent surgical intake information prior to each patient’s Team visit.
• Schedule and facilitate Craniofacial Team clinics.
• Facilitate completing patient or insurance company forms and authorizations.
• Develop and maintain patient database to include comprehensive medical information of all Team patients.
• Work directly with Speech Pathologist to coordinate needed patient follow up treatments.
• Work with patients to facilitate coordinating visits needed with multiple medical specialists within the medical center setting.
• Monitor patient Team visits for patients to ensure yearly follow up is scheduled.
Requires an associate degree in Health Science with demonstrated knowledge of medical and dental terminology.
Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and to work with minimal supervision.
Attention to detail and strong follow-through skills.
Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including listening, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team
Proficiency with project management.
Proficiency with documenting care in an electronic medical record.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a cover letter and complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position
One or more years of either ambulatory care nursing experience; dental experience or possess an awareness of psychosocial issues associated with craniofacial anomalies.
Ambulatory care experience in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Specialty care services.
MiChart (Epic) documentation and navigation experience.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift/Days/Hours: Monday through Friday, days, 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM Location: Surgical Specialty Clinic II – C&W Clinic Building; Mott Children’s Hospital.
C&W Clinic Building
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Opening ID
Craniofacial Anomalies Program Coordinator
Admin Coord/Project Coord
Michigan Medicine - Health SysAnn Arbor, MI
CW Ped Plastic/Oral Surg LVL 3
Posting Begin/End Date
3/12/2018 – 4/02/2018
Paid Time Off
Apply Now at http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/apply/154693