Portland State University Education Abroad Program Coordinator in Portland, Oregon
Position Number: D91866
The Education Abroad Program Coordinator will:
- Contribute to strategic planning for Education Abroad.
- Serve as team lead overseeing IT (Drupal, StudioAbroad). Serve as main StudioAbroad system gatekeeper. Review and coordinate updates to Drupal site as needed. Coordinate team IT and system training opportunities. Assist with study abroad database and prepare reports. Weekly and monthly enrollment report tracking for all programs.
- Oversee School of Record programs – oversee administrative tasks and serve as customer-relations contact for partner institutions and their students.
- Manage follow up in StudioAbroad and EdAbroad email.
- Assist with specific projects related to strategic curriculum integration (could include conducting surveys and program evaluations and preparing program analysis).
- In collaboration with all advisors develop, organize, and administer orientation and re-entry activities, and assist with other cross-cultural education programs as needed.
- Lead logistics coordinator for major team projects: Education Abroad Fairs, International Education Week, orientation, etc. Serve as main contact for external offices to coordinate participation in cross-campus events.
- Represent PSU Education Abroad at campus outreach events and general orientations
- Assist Advisors with efforts related to management of advising portfolio, including recruiting, advising students.
- Manage PSU administered scholarship process – coordinate application review for all programs, notify students, track all award monies, and track follow-up requirements.
- Facilitate the review and reporting on program, event, and advising evaluations.
- Hold drop-in advising hours to assist students with the initial application process, and serve as backup for other advisors.
- Record minutes for Ed Abroad Team Meetings.
- On occasion, the Coordinator must be available in the evening and/or on weekends.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director.
BA/BS. 1 year of experience working extensively in Database Management. Experience with website management. 1 year of event planning, program coordination, and/or project coordination experience. Strong organization skills – detail oriented. Strong public speaking skills. Strong oral and written verbal communication. Experience with customer service. Successful completion of a background check.
MA/MS. 2+ years working extensively in Database Management. Experience working with Terra Dotta. Experience with Drupal. Experience managing team projects. Experience living or studying abroad. Experience working in a higher education setting. Experience working in the field of education abroad.